Articling, LPP Students and New-Calls
Now that you are one step closer to becoming a practicing lawyer, you will want to ensure your job search efforts are streamlined, well thought out and effective at the same time. You don't want to appear desperate or unsophisticated because it will impact the quality of your results and your reputation. So much depends on these early steps, and yet you probably feel unprepared or uncertain about what to do next.
Check out the below program, packages and workbook!
Enrol in the online coaching program that was created by you, for you! Lawyer Coach Paulette assembled all the best techniques and tools she's gathered from working with hundreds of articling and Law Practice Program students to conduct a proper job search in the 21st century.
It's available at www.hireback.ca
so you can get the information you need, when you need it.
Check out this video interview with a past client to learn how you can gain the confidence and skills to navigate your job search with class:
2. Creative Choices™ - Interview Preparation
Did you get an interview at which you want to shine? Working with Lawyer Coach Paulette, you will:
- Confirm your strengths with an assessment so you can articulate what sets you apart
- Practice answering and asking questions with her Interview Preparation Guide so you feel comfortable talking about yourself and are prepared to deal with any "elephants in the room"
- Be able to answer questions about "fit," and behavioural scenarios using Problem-Action-Results
- Work with a Pre-Interview Interactive Worksheet so you have a systematic way of researching each prospective employer
- 1.5 hour workshop (by telephone or in-person).
$300 + HST
3. Creative Choices™ - Résumé and Cover Letter Writing + LinkedIn Review
Want to stand out with your application materials? Lawyer Coach Paulette is a certified résumé strategist, and she will:
- Elicit what sets you apart by using a strengths assessment
- Review your résumé and 1 cover letter so that your message is clear and any potential barriers are dealt with appropriately
- Show you how she deconstructs a job ad to craft your career documents strategically and in a compelling way
- Provide her Interview Preparation Guide and the 21st Century Lawyer's Guide to Salary Negotiation
- Critique your LinkedIn profile to attract the attention you want.
$800 + HST
This 12-page e-guide is designed to help you diagnose where you might be stuck, provide practical tips to help you get unstuck and move you forward towards landing your first job as a lawyer!
"I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that I purchased the e-guide yesterday and I absolutely love it. I especially appreciate the My Ideal Associate Position sheet and the checklist. I believe that taking a moment to think about what you really want is half the battle." Litsa Katsoulias, lawjobexchange.ca
$25 + HST
I chose Paulette's services out of two options for career coaching offered to me after I wasn't hired back, and I'm so glad I made the right choice! She has a unique approach to coaching and offers wonderful online materials, which were really helpful in preparing my applications and getting ready for interviews. Furthermore, since they were online, I could go back and review them at any time I wanted. These materials were supplemented by my one-on-one sessions with Paulette, where she helped me gain a better understanding of both myself and what I wanted out of my legal career in the short- and long-term. I ended up getting my first job as a lawyer one month after my call to the bar. Paulette really knows how to work with young lawyers and I would highly recommend her!