Law students have so much pressure on them these days. The job market is increasingly competitive and prospective employers expect a more polished presentation from candidates. How does one stand out? Lawyer Coach Paulette has designed the following accessible packages to bring out the best of you throughout the job search process!
1. Creative Choices™ - From the Study of Law to the Practice of Law
As a law student, there is so much to prepare for beyond exams: How do I find an articling position? Is the OCI process for me? How do I prepare for the OCI process? Working with Lawyer Coach Paulette in this package will include:
- An assessment of your strengths to be able to develop your authentic brand
- Understanding your career goals and options, and what you are looking for
- Tapping into the hidden job market using technology and an easy step-by-step process contained in two booklets
- Weekly emails with articling or summer student job postings curated from around Ontario
- A review of your résumé and 1 cover letter with her certified résumé strategist skills so your message is communicated clearly and pops
- Preparation for interviews using her Interview Preparation Guide and Pre-Interview Interactive Worksheet
- 4 hours of coaching workshops (by telephone or in-person) over the course of 4 months and unlimited email access between each workshop.
$250.00 + HST per month (4 months)
2. Creative Choices™ - Mass Job Applications
Want to stand out with your application materials? Lawyer Coach Paulette is a certified résumé strategist, and she will:
- Elicit what sets you apart by using a strengths assessment
- Review your résumé and 3 cover letters so that your message is clear and any potential barriers are dealt with appropriately
- Show you how she deconstructs a job ad to craft your career documents strategically and in a compelling way.
3. Creative Choices™ - Interview Preparation
Did you get an interview at which you want to shine? Working with Lawyer Coach Paulette, you will:
- Confirm your strengths with an assessment so you can articulate what sets you apart
- Practice answering and asking questions with her Interview Preparation Guide so you feel comfortable talking about yourself and are prepared to deal with any "elephants in the room"
- Be able to answer questions about "fit," and behavioural scenarios using Problem-Action-Results
- Work with a Pre-Interview Interactive Worksheet so you have a systematic way of researching each prospective employer
- 1.5 hour workshop (by telephone or in-person).