“I wanted to thank you for everything you have done to help me get to this point – thank you for your creative and thoughtful approach to my career and for all your time. Without you, I don’t think I would have gotten this interview or position. Working with you gave me hope when I was struggling to hold onto it while immersed in a challenging work environment. I don’t think I can thank you enough. You made such a difference to my career and my life.”– Litigator
Coaching Packages for Lawyers
Do you regularly check the career section of the Ontario Reports? Many do even though they are gainfully employed. Or perhaps you are actively, or about to be, engaged in a job search. Depending on the last time you conducted a job search, you may not have an updated résumé or even know where to begin. Or maybe you know that working with a coach will make you more accountable and equip you with an efficient yet effective plan.
Whatever the case, you will benefit from Lawyer Coach Paulette’s expertise in job search strategy and résumé writing, and her varied career as a lawyer. These one-on-one coaching packages and resources are designed to elevate your soft skills around personal branding, networking and managing a career transition. She can also design a program to suit your specific needs!
Do you get the Sunday blues? Are you planning on making a transition? Working with Lawyer Coach Paulette in this package can include the below offerings, which can range from a 3-month or 6-month program:
- Professionalism Hours accredited by the Law Society of Ontario
- Assessing your personal values and strengths to create a strong foundation for your search and develop your authentic brand
- Understanding why your current job isn’t (or past job wasn’t) a good fit
- Setting you up for success by determining what it is you are looking for and how that fits with your values and strengths
- Testing out your ideas for a career transition by conducting strategic informational interviews
- Tapping into the hidden job market using a sophisticated networking approach while following an easy step-by-step process contained in two booklets
- Updating your résumé and any appendix (to make it ATS friendly), and creation of one cover letter (in response to a job posting or particular opportunity) with her certified résumé strategist skills so your message is communicated clearly
- Role playing for interview preparation using her library of guides and audio feedback; creating and refining content for interview responses and questions
- Reviewing your LinkedIn profile header and summary to attract the attention you want (along with a variety of practical guides on how maximize your profile)
- Providing you with a variety of practical guides for your career development
Fees starting at $750+HST/month
Do you need to respond to a job offer ASAP? Do you want to perform your best at an interview? Could you benefit from a short coaching engagement? Working with Lawyer Coach Paulette in this triage package can include the following and more:
- Assessing your personal values and strengths (aka your authentic brand) to create a strong foundation for your interview preparation or decision making process
- Designing a process that responds to your circumstances and needs, and sets you up for success
- Structuring your decision-making to bring out the best of you in your career and masterminding your next steps
- Practicing storytelling, answering and asking questions with her Interview Preparation Guide so you feel comfortable talking about yourself and are prepared to deal with any “elephants in the room” (you’ll get an audio recording)
- Having access to her by email throughout the program, along with a follow-up call to ensure you’re on track for success
- Having access to a variety of practical guides for your career development
Fees starting at $1275+HST
Want to stand out with your application materials? Lawyer Coach Paulette is a certified résumé strategist, and she will:
- Update the look and content of your résumé and any appendix (to make it ATS friendly)
- Use expert formatting and design techniques to make your material eye-catching (while remaining within industry standards)
- Create a cover letter in response to a job posting or particular opportunity and show you her unique system for drafting cover letters
- Ensure your message is clear and compelling, and that any potential barriers are dealt with appropriately
- Elicit what sets you apart using a strengths assessment
- Provide you with a variety of practical guides for your career development
- Critique your LinkedIn profile headline and summary to attract the attention you want
- Explain the strategy behind your materials and how to deconstruct a job ad during a 30-minute call so you can learn the skill yourself!
Fees starting at $2100+HST
Not interested in a coaching package? No problem. Purchase this guide and consider working with Lawyer Coach Paulette later on.
One of the best times to look for a new job is when you already have a job. Currently-employed jobseekers are perceived to be more desirable by some hiring managers than unemployed jobseekers.
Yet there are drawbacks to searching for a new job while you’re still in your old one. The biggest concern is if your current employer finds out you’re looking.
This 19-page guide contains:
- 13 tips to not get noticed on LinkedIn (including screen shots)
- 20 do’s and don’ts to conduct your confidential job search
- Practical information on how to leave your job and write a resignation letter.